The winter ginger carrot soup is not only tasty but also a very healthy dish for cold winters. You can serve it on its own or together with bread and additional spices. I personally like adding cayenne pepper, dill or coriander in the soup as well.
Now let’s take a look at the ingredients you will need to prepare this yummy winter delight.
Ginger 3-4 tbs minced fresh ginger
Garlic – 4-5 gloves
3-4 medium sized carrots
Smoked red peppers
2 small potatoes
1 small red onion (grated)
vermicelli – 50g
1 bouillon cube of your choice
dill or coriander
How to prepare the winter ginger carrot soup:
1. Blend the fresh ginger with the garlic and grind these until it turns into a creamy mixture. Grate one middle sized onion into bigger pieces with a grater .
2. Pre-heat a bit of cooking oil into the pot and add the creamy ginger mixture as well as the grinded onion, salt and smoked paprika and stir well for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add water into the mix and the bullion and let it start boiling, then decrease the temperature and start adding the vegetables.
4. Cut the potatoes into very small cubes and grate the carrots; not too fine but into medium pieces. Add it all including the carrot’s juice left during the grating and stir well.
5. Let the soup cook at medium temperature and add more salt if needed. Add vermicelli at the end but only 20-30g of these.
To make this soup even more delicious, I add some fresh herbs to it as well. Dill is one of the best choices for those who don’t eat spicy food. If you prefer to add some cayenne paper to it like me, coriander will be the best ingredient to combine it with. Alternatively, lemon juice will always give more flavor to your soup and it goes well with ginger.
If you want to explore more delicious soups and other recipes, you can check our healthy cooking section here.
Check also this interesting site with yummy and easy recipes for everyone.